Welcome to the Certification Communications Toolkit! Below you will find communications tools and staff training materials to help educate your tasting room staff, sales teams, distributors, retailers, consumers and others about sustainable winegrowing practices and certification. These resources will help your vineyard and winery generate and share your sustainability story.
Want to dig deeper? Visit the Resources page to view the certification guidebook and to learn more about certification requirements, program administration, auditors and other aspects of the program.
Post and share this video: What is Sustainable Winegrowing?
- Use this 90 second video to describe the concept of sustainable winegrowing at a high level – appropriate for multiple audiences.
Participate in the annual Down to Earth Month Celebration in April
- Join wineries and regions across the state as we celebrate California’s leadership in Earth-friendly winegrowing with sustainability-themed events and promotions.
Staff Training Materials
Read the Overview of Certified California Sustainable Winegrrowing
- To help educate your staff, sales teams, and others, share this two-page handout which covers the benefits of CCSW, a summary of certification requirements, and example sustainable topics and practices, all of which can be turned into useful talking points.
Review the Certified California Sustainable_Logo_Communications_Guide_2020
- This guide can help you and your marketing team understand the allowable uses and colors for the program logo and includes examples of logo do’s and don’ts.
Complete the one-hour Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador Course
- Become a California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador by learning more about sustainable winegrowing and successfully completing the course test. Ambassadors are better able to communicate about sustainable winegrowing and certification. Encourage tasting room and sales staff to complete the course.
Share this handout about the Value of Certification
- Learn more about why certification has multiple benefits. This handout features the top 3 reasons to get (and stay) certified, a tool that can help estimate the dollar value derived from certification, highlights of market research showing the interest in sustainable certification, tips to effectively communicate about your certification, and a summary of certification requirements and logos.
Study the Frequently Asked Questions
- Read more about program requirements, communicating certification, and more.