California Code of Sustainable Winegrowing Workbook
The California Code of Sustainable Winegrowing Workbook is the foundation of the Sustainable Winegrowing Program (SWP) and a tool for program participants to measure their level of sustainability and to learn about ways they can improve their practices. Originally released in 2002, a second edition of the workbook was issued in late 2006, and the most recent 3rd edition was released in January 2013. The workbook addresses ecological, economic and social equity criteria through an integrated set of 15 chapters and 191 criteria, which includes a built-in system with metrics to measure performance.
- Sustainable Business Strategy
- Soil Management
- Vineyard Water Management
- Pest Management
- Wine Quality
- Ecosystem Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Winery Water Conservation And Quality
- Material Handling
- Solid Waste Reduction And Management
- Environmentally Preferred Purchasing
- Human Resources
- Neighbors And Community
- Air Quality
Online Version of the California Code of Sustainable Winegrowing
The California Code of Sustainable Winegrowing Workbook is offered online, free of charge, for all California vintners and growers. Among the many benefits of using the online version are:
- Active links to resources that can be viewed while completing the self-assessment
- The ability to instantly generate customized reports and track improvement over time
- A "To Do" list to help keep track of action items identified during self-assessment and development of action plans
- 1.0 hour of pest management continuing education for online completion of the pest chapter (approved by the CA Department of Pesticide Regulation in January 2013)
- And much more!
If you are already a participant (you have attended a self-assessment workshop and submitted your results) and have not yet received a login and password in the mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California vintner or winegrape grower and would like a userID and password for the online system please click here to complete a participant information sheet.
The information collected on this sign-up sheet will be used to provide you a username and password to access the online system as well as to allow us to set-up your customized Enterprise. Maintaining this data in a secure and confidential manner is a hallmark of the CSWA program. SureHarvest has securely managed CSWA grower and winery self-assessment data for more than six years. Data from over 1,800 vineyard and winery participants representing over 293,404 vineyard acres and 164.4 million cases have been kept secure and confidential. To learn more about CSWA's confidentiality policy, e-mail email@example.com.