Energy Efficiency Workshop (Santa Cruz)
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
08:30 AM - 01:30 PM
Targeted Education Workshop
Bargetto Winery -
3535 North Main Street, Soquel, CA 95073 -
Co-sponsored by California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance and Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Partnering organizations: Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association, Monterey County Vintners and Growers Association, Viticulture Association of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Wine Institute, and the California Association of Winegrape Growers
- Multiple Benefits of Water Conservation: Every gallon of water saved in the production of wine saves money, energy and contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about new online system to calculate and track these important performance metrics.
- Partnering for Energy Efficiency: Information on PG&E’s online web services, free energy audits, incentive programs, equipment rebates, Savings By Design, technical support services and other resources for winery and vineyard customers.
- Winery Tour: Walk through Bargetto Winery to look at areas of opportunity and measures already implemented for water conservation and energy efficiency.
- The Benefits of VFDs: Variable Frequency Drives are a very good solution for reducing energy use and wear and tear on motors and pumps. Find out why & how VFDs save energy and money, and learn about examples of effective (as well as less effective) VFD applications.
- Time Varying Pricing - TOU & PDP: Changes in the way electricity is priced will be taking effect this year for many wineries. Learn how to manage electricity use to minimize high demand charges and save money.
- Renewable Energy: After efficiency gains have been made in the operation, investments in renewable energy are a great next step. Learn about how you can get started with solar in your operation.
- Water and Energy Efficiency Opportunities: Facilitated discussion and wrap-up about actions wineries can take to conserve water and become energy efficient.
Seats are limited. RSVP today by completing this online registration form: https://wineinstitute.wufoo.com/forms/2012-energy-water-efficiency-workshops/.
Questions? Contact Jodi Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 356-7544.