Energy Efficiency Workshop (Sonoma)
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Targeted Education Workshop
Benziger Family Winery -
1883 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442 -
Co-sponsored by California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance and Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Partnering organizations: Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance, Sonoma County Vintners, Sonoma County Winegrape Commission, Wine Institute, and the California Association of Winegrape Growers
- Multiple Benefits of Water Conservation: Every gallon of water saved in the production of wine saves money, energy and contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about new online system to calculate and track these important performance metrics.
- Partnering for Energy Efficiency: Information on PG&E’s online web services, free energy audits, incentive programs, equipment rebates, Savings By Design, technical support services and other resources for winery and vineyard customers.
- Benziger Overview: Learn about several water conservation and energy efficiency measures implemented in the vineyards and wineries at Benziger Family Winery and what’s planned for the future.
- The Benefits of VFDs: Variable Frequency Drives are a very good solution for reducing energy use and wear and tear on motors and pumps. Find out why & how VFDs save energy and money, and examples of effective (as well as less effective) VFD applications.
- Motor Matters: Facility managers are increasingly under pressure to reduce energy costs, increase productivity and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Sound motor management is a key strategy to achieve these goals. Learn more about how this free program can help you to get started with motor management.
- Time Varying Pricing - TOU & PDP: Changes in the way electricity is priced will be taking effect this year for many wineries. Learn how to manage electricity use to minimize high demand charges and save money.
- Water and Energy Efficiency Opportunities: Facilitated discussion and wrap-up about actions wineries can take to conserve water and become energy efficient.
*Registration from 8-8:30am. Workshop from 8:30am-1pm (lunch provided).
Please RSVP for this workshop by completing an online registration form here: https://wineinstitute.wufoo.com/forms/2012-energy-water-efficiency-workshops/
Questions? Contact Jodi Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 356-7544.